SGR Installation Instructions
AEGIS® Bearing Protection Ring for NEMA & IEC Motors Installation Instructions
- Shaft must be clean & free of any coatings, paint, or other nonconductive material. Lightly sand shaft to remove any oxide coating.
- SGR should not operate or come in contact with the keyway during operation. If necessary, adjust or change spacer and screw lengths..
- Remove mounting brackets from the bottom half of the AEGIS® Bearing Protection Ring. See above.
- Reassemble the AEGIS® ring around the motor shaft. Maintain an even clearance around the shaft. Conductive MicroFibers™ must be in contact with conductive metal surface of the shaft.
- Mark your drill points on the end bell through the slots in the plate. Slide kit away from the end bell to drill holes.
- English Mounting Hardware:
- Drill (3) holes using a #29 drill
- Depth of hole should be 1/4 max*
- Tap each hole with a #8-32 tap
- Metric Mounting Hardware:
- Drill (2) holes using a 3.3mm drill
- Depth of hole should be 6mm *
- Tap each hole with a M4 x 0.7 tap
- Secure the kit in place with screws, washers and spacers provided. Final location of SGR fibers should not be located over keyway. Proper operation and grounding of the SGR is reliant on the mounting screws to the motor housing. Alternate hardware used for mounting should be conductive. Do not use Locktite or any other non-conductive material to secure the screws. Consult EST with any questions.
- After installation, test for conductive path to ground using Ohm meter. One probe on metal frame of SGR and one probe on motor frame. NOTE: Motor grounding must be in accordance with applicable wiring standards.
CAUTION: SGR IS NOT
A GROUND FAULT
- In occasions where SGR is exposed to excessive debris, additional protection of the SGR fibers may be necessary. Call technical support at 207-998-5140 or email email@example.com
Sales/Customer Services: firstname.lastname@example.org
Technical Support: email@example.com
WARRANTY: Units are guaranteed for one year from date of purchase against defective materials and workmanship. Replacement will be made except for defects caused by abnormal use or mishandling. All statements and technical information contained herein, or presented by the manufacturer or his representative are rendered in good faith. User must assume responsibility to determine suitability of the product for intended use. The manufacturer shall not be liable for any injury, loss or damage, direct or consequential arising out of the use, or attempt to use the product.
AEGIS® SGR, Conductive MicroFiber™, Shaft Grounding Ring™, Bearing Protection Ring™
are trademarks of Electro Static Technology-ITW
Copyright © 2007 all rights reserved