AEGIS® SGR - Colloidal Silver Coating
Designed for use with AEGIS® Bearing Protection Rings
AEGIS® Colloidal Silver Shaft Coating is designed to enhance the conductivity of the motor shaft surface by filling in the machines grinding lines with micron sized silver particles which are "polished" into the shaft surface during shaft rotation. Shaft surface conductivity is enhanced by a factor of 10x and surface resistance is reduced substantially to ensure the best electron transfer from the shaft surface to the conductive micro fiber shaft grounding ring.
Description: Recommended or required as follows:
- RECOMMENDED - All AEGIS® Installations
- For motors below 100HP (75kW)
- Motors above 100HP (75kW) when non-drive end bearing is insulated and AEGIS® SGR is on opposite end.
- REQUIRED for:
- Motors with cylindrical bearing installations
- All Vertical Motor applications
- Motors where both bearings are insulated-any HP/kW low voltage or medium voltage motors.
- AEGIS® WTG Wind Turbine installations (AEGIS® CS015 included)
- AEGIS® iPRO Installations (AEGIS® CS015 included)